flintstone (plural flintstones)
- A piece of flint.
- 1858, Ecclesiological Society, The Ecclesiologist:
- The very poor will sometimes adorn the graves of those they love with oystershells, or flintstones, or small plaster busts, or tiles […]
- 1991, Damrongrāchānuphāp, Damrong Rajanubhab, Journey through Burma in 1936:
- At times when there was inadequate sunlight to focus through the lens, the king struck flintstones to ignite the flame in the same way.
- 1964, United States Dept. of Agriculture, Yearbook of Agriculture:
- They stacked flintstones in a way that permitted night winds to pass around them and cool them so they collected moisture.