- simple past tense and past participle of
- Containing fruit.
- 1895, Katherine Lee Bates, America the Beautiful (song):
- O beautiful for spacious skies, for amber wafes of grain, for purple mountain majesties above the fruited plain!
- 2004, Tricia Laning, New Cook Book, →ISBN, page 89:
- Sea Bass With Fruited Tomatillo Salsa
- 2011, Chittaranjan Kole, Wild Crop Relatives: Genomic and Breeding Resources: Temperate Fruits., →ISBN, page 147:
- Kikuchi (1946) classified Pyrus species into three groups, small fruited species with two carpels, large fruited species with five carpels, and their hybrids with 3-4 carpels.