gayborhood (plural gayborhoods)
- The part of a city that is largely populated by gay people.
- 2005, Chris Carlsson, The Political Edge:
- We held the Gay Shame Awards in Harvey Milk Plaza, at the center of the white-washed gayborhood of the Castro, and bestowed awards in eight categories...
- 2005, Gina Gatta, Damron City Guide:
- Each full-color city map features the latest updates on roads, public transit, airports, tourist sights and the city's most happening gayborhood.
- 2007, Richard LaBonte, Where the Boys Are: Urban Gay Erotica:
- ...who learned a lot from their time in the city — but who have decided in the end that they "fit in" better away from the gayborhood.
- 2007, George E Haggerty, Molly McGarry, A Companion to Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, and Queer Studies
- ...a queer youth homeless shelter in San Francisco's gayborhood, the Castro...
- 2009, Jeff Campbell, Adam Karlin, Virginia Otis, New York, Washington DC and the Mid-Atlantic Trips
- From the Warhol museum, walk north through the quaint, red-brick Mexican War Streets (Pittsburgh's gayborhood) and head for the Q Mattress Factory...