See also: Gelände
- (skiing) terrain, area
- 1993, “The Secret Kingdom of Ski Bums”, in Skiing, volume 46, number 1, page 110:
- The base area is adorned with an immense gelande jump, off which qualified skiers regularly catch 200 feet of air.
- (skiing) a shortening of gelandesprung, a form of ski jumping.
- 2009, “Snowbowl Gelande Championship”, in Montana Snowbowl, retrieved 2012-02-04:
- Gelande is a two day ski jump event attracting national media as well as jumpers from all over the U.S.
- 2009 April 19, “Skiers Take Flight at Snowbird Gelande”, in First Tracks:
- Little Cottonwood Canyon has a rich history with gelande competitions, and watching skiers soar over 200 feet is not something you get to see every day.
- 2010 April 9, “'Gelande Quaffing' competition Saturday in Vail Valley”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), Vail, CO: Vail Daily:
- But somewhere along the way gelande quaffing was lost and the aprés spirit forgotten.