See also: Gelände
- (skiing) terrain, area
1993, “The Secret Kingdom of Ski Bums”, in Skiing, volume 46, number 1, page 110:
- The base area is adorned with an immense gelande jump, off which qualified skiers regularly catch 200 feet of air.
- (skiing) a shortening of gelandesprung, a form of ski jumping.
2009, “Snowbowl Gelande Championship”, in Montana Snowbowl, retrieved 2012-02-04:
- Gelande is a two day ski jump event attracting national media as well as jumpers from all over the U.S.
2009 April 19, “Skiers Take Flight at Snowbird Gelande”, in First Tracks:
- Little Cottonwood Canyon has a rich history with gelande competitions, and watching skiers soar over 200 feet is not something you get to see every day.
2010 April 9, “'Gelande Quaffing' competition Saturday in Vail Valley”, in (Please provide the book title or journal name), Vail, CO: Vail Daily:
- But somewhere along the way gelande quaffing was lost and the aprés spirit forgotten.