get about (third-person singular simple present gets about, present participle getting about, simple past got about, past participle (UK) got about or (US) gotten about)
- (informal) To be mobile, physically active.
- I can't get about so much since I hurt my hip.
- 1898, J. Meade Falkner, Moonfleet Chapter 5
- The first walk I took when I grew stronger and was able to get about was up to Aunt Jane's, notwithstanding she had never so much as been to ask after me all these days.
- (informal) To become widely known; to be leaked to the public or a wider audience.
- Synonym: get out
- If this story gets about then I'm finished.
- (informal) To visit a variety of different places.
- That's the third party Brenda's been to this week. She certainly gets about.