get started (third-person singular simple present gets started, present participle getting started, simple past got started, past participle gotten started)
- (intransitive) to begin an activity
- Come on guys, settle down, it's time to get started
- (transitive) to begin (an activity or event)
- Get the car started and then we can set off.
- (transitive, idiomatic) to cause (someone) to start talking about something in length
- 2015, A. J. Marcus, Grizzly Discovery
- He is also an avid photographer and falconer. Don't get him started talking about his birds because he won't stop for a while.
cause someone to start talking in length