- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹæspɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɡɹɑːspɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: grasp‧ing
- Greedy, eager for wealth.
- 1990, Robert Fagles (translator), The Iliad:
- Just how, Agamemnon, great field marshal . . . most grasping man alive, how can the generous Argives give you prizes now? I know of no troves of treasure, piled, lying idle, anywhere.
- See also Thesaurus:greedy
greedy, eager for wealth
grasping (plural graspings)
- The act of one who grasps or covets.
- 2009, Jed McKenna, Spiritually Incorrect Enlightenment:
- These are my connections, my attachments. Maybe all I really am is the sum of all these connections, these fearful longings and graspings.