- (Britain) Alternative spelling of
- 1989, Doig Simmons and Linda Reynolds, Computer Presentation of Data in Science, page 23:
- To store immense amounts of valuable data on one hard disc is courting trouble.
- 1991, M. H. Beilby, R. D. Harding and M. R. Manning, Scientific Programmer's Toolkit: Turbo Pascal Edition, page 1:
- A hard disc is both much larger, and very much faster, than any floppy.
- 2008, Thomas Thomson, Leon Abelmann and Hans Groenland, “Magnetic Data Storage: Past, Present and Future”, in Magnetic Nanostructures in Modern Technology, page 237:
- We will start with current systems, such as longitudinal hard disc and tape.