hetero- + sex. Attested since the 20th century.
heterosex (usually uncountable, plural heterosexes)
- (sexuality) heterosexual sexual intercourse
heterosex (third-person singular simple present heterosexes, present participle heterosexing, simple past and past participle heterosexed)
- (sociology, transitive) To make heterosexual.
- 2013, Paul Cloke, Philip Crang, Mark Goodwin, Introducing Human Geographies (page 651)
- For example, the heterosexing of public space means that while heterosexual couples can hold hands or kiss goodbye in the street, the same behaviour from same-sex couples is likely to attract attention and sometimes verbal or physical sanctions against them.
- 2014, MariaCaterina La Barbera, Identity and Migration in Europe: Multidisciplinary Perspectives
- Although each society defines its own norms, most of them assign a higher status to men over women, to heterosexual persons over non-heterosexual ones, and to heterosexed bodies over non-heterosexed ones.