- (uncountable) The condition of being inevitable.
- 2020 October 14, Phil McNulty, “England 0-1 Denmark: 'Harry Maguire looked devoid of confidence in Nations League loss'”, in BBC Sport:
- Manchester United's 27-year-old captain cut a distracted and chaotic figure as he endured a personal nightmare, its conclusion with a red card carrying an air of inevitability from the moment he recklessly launched himself at Yussuf Poulsen to pick up an early yellow.
- (countable) An inevitable condition or outcome.
- (condition of being inevitable): certainty, inescapableness, necessity
- (something inevitable): See Thesaurus:sure thing
the condition of being inevitable