- present participle of joke
- (Britain, US, Ireland, colloquial, transitive) Kidding, trying to fool.
- Twenty euros cover charge? You're joking me!
joking (plural jokings)
- The act of telling or engaging in jokes.
- 1840 April – 1841 November, Charles Dickens, “(please specify the chapter number or name)”, in The Old Curiosity Shop. A Tale. […], London: Chapman and Hall, […], published 1841, →OCLC:
- No low beatings and knockings about, no jokings and squeakings like your precious Punches, but always the same, with a constantly unchanging air of coldness and gentility […]