- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: nyo͞o, IPA(key): /ˈnjuː/
- (General American) enPR: no͞o, IPA(key): /ˈn(j)u/
Audio (US) (file) Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -uː
- Homophone: new
- simple past tense of
- (colloquial, nonstandard) past participle of
- 1916, Emerson Hough, The Man Next Door, chapter XXIV:
- I'll say I've knew this some time and tried to stop it—it was my business to stop it.
- 1937, John Steinbeck, Of Mice and Men, Covici Friede:
- […] I've knew people that if they got a rag rug on the floor and a kewpie doll lamp on the phonograph they think they're runnin' a parlor house.'
- Alternative form of