kufi (plural kufis)
- A type of brimless, rounded cap associated with various African nations or ethnicities.
- 2008 March 2, George Vecsey, “The Primary Season Is Embracing Sports Images”, in New York Times:
- Whenever Brown shows up, wearing his African kufi and confronting issues, I find myself nodding vigorously, for old-time’s sake.
- A type of close-fitting cap worn by some Muslims.
- 2009, Nawar Shora, The Arab-American Handbook: A Guide to the Arab, Arab-American & Muslim Worlds, page 82:
- However, do not assume because the person appears to be conservative (e.g., a woman wearing a head scarf or a man wearing a skull cap or kufi) that the person does not shake hands.