See also: lowminded
- Having a coarse, unrefined, vulgar demeanor.
- 2015, Moses Maimonides, The Guide for the Perplexed, →ISBN:
- To low-minded, wanton, and passionate persons it appears most cruel that there should be an obstacle in their way to satisfy their carnal appetite, or that a punishment should be inflicted for their doings.
- 2013, Caroline B. Cooney, Fatal Bargain, →ISBN:
- Should you go out with a boy just in order to leave the house and be seen in other places? This seemed mean and low-minded.
- 1841, Charles Dickens, The Old Curiosity Shop:
- 'Now, upon my soul, you know,' said Mr Chuckster, shaking his head gravely, as men are wont to do when they consider things are going a little too far, 'this is altogether such a low-minded affair, that if I didn't feel for the governor, and know that he could never get on without me, I should be obliged to cut the connection.'