masticator (plural masticators)
- Someone who masticates.
- 2009 September 6, Cathal Kelly, “Will a gossip king's invites dry up?”, in Toronto Star:
- If we can take the liberty of reducing Govani's clever phrasing and paper-thin beards to plain English, Linda Evangelista is a simpleton, Margaret Atwood is a pretentious bore and Angelina Jolie is a goat-like masticator.
- 1850, William Cullen Bryant, Letters of a Traveller:
- We encourage their singing as much as we can," said the brother of the proprietor, himself a diligent masticator of the weed, who attended us, and politely explained to us the process of making plug tobacco; "we encourage it as much as we can, for the boys work better while singing.
- A machine for cutting meat into fine pieces for toothless people.
- A machine for cutting leather, India rubber, or similar tough substances, into fine pieces, in some processes of manufacture.