monophyletic (not comparable)
- (biology) Of, pertaining to, or affecting a single phylum (or other taxon) of organisms.
- (biology) Deriving from a single clade (monophylum).
- (biology) Descending from a single ancestral species.
- Descending from a single ancestral species and containing all descendants of that single ancestor, holophyletic.
- Descending from a single ancestral species but not containing all descendants of that ancestor, paraphyletic.
- (biology) congeneric
of, pertaining to, or affecting a single phylum
deriving from a single clade
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- monophyletic at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Monophyly on Wikipedia.Wikipedia