moralfag (plural moralfags)
- (Internet slang, offensive, derogatory) A person who expresses moral disapproval or moral opinions, especially in a generally amoral setting like the /b/ board on the 4chan community.
2008 August 4, Kat, “Re: Tigger is back - he/she is alive (aka trolling started on OCMB - again )”, alt.religion.scientology, Usenet:
- I'm hoping that at some point people can put their egos aside and treat everyone as they would like to be treated themselves... but I should really know better by now. I'm aware I'm playing moralfag by scolding the assholes, but I'm not quite sure how else to get people to see just how hateful and stupid they can sound sometimes.
- 2011, Cole Stryker, Epic Win for Anonymous: How 4chan's Army Conquered the Web, The Overlook Press (2011), ISBN 9781590207383, unnumbered page:
- Sure enough, a few are linking to videos of Quran burnings. But not everyone is on board. Here, there be moralfags.
- 2012, Parmy Olson, We Are Anonymous: Inside the Hacker World of LulzSec, Anonymous, and the Global Cyber Insurgency, Little, Brown and Company (2012), ISBN 9780316213530, unnumbered page:
- There were still two big no-no's on /b/. One was child porn (though this is disputed by some hardcore users who like the way it puts off the newfags) and the other was moralfags. Calling someone a “moralfag” on 4chan was the worst possible insult. These were visitors to /b/ who issue with its depravity and tried to change it or, worse, tried to get /b/ to act on some other kind of wrongdoing.