narcissist (plural narcissists)
- (psychology) One who shows extreme love and admiration for themselves.
- (colloquial) An egoist; a person full of egoism and pride.
Related terms edit
one who shows extreme love for themselves
person full of egoism
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
- ^ Douglas Harper (2001–2023), “narcissist”, in Online Etymology Dictionary: “ […] see narcissism + -ist.”
- ^ John A. Simpson and Edmund S. C. Weiner, editors (1989), “narcissist”, in The Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition, Oxford: Clarendon Press, →ISBN: “f[rom]. as prec[eding; i.e., “narcissism”: “f[rom]. the name of Narcissus, […]”]. + -ist.”