- (slang, euphemistic) Crazy; nuts.
- 1928, Joseph Patrick McEvoy, Grosset and Dunlap present Show girl, page 47:
- "You'd be plumb nerts" says he, "to think of it."
- nerd (possible)
- (slang, euphemistic) Nuts! Expression of dismay.
- 1933 August 19, “GIRL GOLFER TELLS OF BESTING PRINCE; Beatrice Gottlieb Returns With Trophies of Victory From British Heir”, in New York Times:
- FOUND HIM 'TERRIBLY NICE' She Wonders What He Thought When She Said, 'Oh, Nerts!' After a Bad Shot.
- nertz (superseded)
nerts n (uncountable)