- simple past tense and past participle of
painted (not comparable)
- Coated with paint.
- 2014, Jeff Foster, The Green Screen Handbook: Real-World Production Techniques, →ISBN, page 63:
- Large-scale projects such as motion-picture production use huge sets with seamless painted walls, cycs, and floors—not to mention a vast array of lights.
- Depicted in paint.
- 2001, James D. Keyser & Michael Klassen, Plains Indian Rock Art, →ISBN, page 161:
- Sometimes the spatters extend a significant distance above other painted figures.
- Colorful, as if painted
- The painted desert, painted turtle
- Wearing makeup
- A painted lady
- painted by numbers
- painted oneself into a corner
- painted the town red
- painted with a broad brush
- spray painted