- sometimes hyphenated: pan-en-deism
- sometimes either the P or both the P and the D are capitalized: Panendeism, PanenDeism
- variations of capitalization and spacing may be combined: Pan-en-deism, Pan-en-Deism
- belief in a god who is both panentheistic and deistic, e.g. a god who contains all of the universe, but who nevertheless transcends or has some existence separate from the universe, who does interact, but does not necessarily intervene in the universe, and that a personal relationship can be achieved with it, in as much as a person can have a relationship with his/her own rational thoughts. Contrasted from Panentheism in that the existence of, and relationship with, the creator god (or prime mover) is determined from observance of nature, not rationality and thought.
- He describes his current spiritual position as "'pandeism' or 'pan-en-deism' , something very close to the Native American concept of the all- pervading Great Spirit". "Marine's Balled Honors Soldiers, Trappist Monks" Albuquerque Journal (Saturday, November 11, 1995) B-10