physible (plural physibles)
- A data object that is capable of being manufactured as a physical object using an additive manufacturing process such as with a 3D printer.
2012 January 24, Jeff Bertolucci, “Pirate Bay Launches 3D-Printed 'Physibles' Downloads”, PCWorld:
- In a Monday blog post, The Pirate Bay's "WinstonQ2038" labeled the site's new category "physibles" --data objects that users can transform from digital to physical form via 3D printers and scanners.
2012 January 24, “The 3-D Printing Pirates Who Could Render SOPA Meaningless”, Fast Company:
- That's because the file for a physible is effectively the recipe for making the final object.
2013 February 11, Natt Garun, “Blurstagram, physible, bashtag, and more tech lingo you need to know”, Digital Trends:
- The Art Institute of Chicago got physible! Its latest file on Thingiverse allows interested parties to download and 3D-print their own museum model.
2013 October 24, Pat Pilcher, “HP to enter 3D printer game”, New Zealand Herald:
- This hasn't escaped the attention of the piratebay who are already hosting what they call physibles - downloadable 3D models of objects that can be printed on a 3D printer.
- (chiefly India) Misspelling of feasible.
1980, Indian Banking Today & Tomorrow - Volumes 5-6, page 49:
- An expert evaluating the project of dairy finance by commercial banks has concluded that the financing to small producers for the dairying could be viable and physible business proposal.
2001, Shanker Kumar Shrestha, A step towards victim justice system: Nepalese perspective, ISBN 9993330124, page 118:
- Rehabilitation or restitution and social sheltering are the subjects of long-run scheme, which may be fulfilled after the probable or physible study and after settlement of the certain objectives.
2004, Proceedings, Technology Development Workshop, page 212:
- Also this technology was economically viable, biologically physible and socially acceptable.
2005, The Indian Journal of Political Science - Volume 66, page 447:
- Hence, any world order devoid of transformation in man is not physible.
- (Can we verify(+) this sense?) Able to be made physical.