See also: plaintext
- plaintext usually a single compound word in cryptography and computing.
- (cryptography) Not encrypted text; text that is readable.
- Using the sophisticated code was useless since the spy merely stole the plain text from the waste basket.
- (computing) Data which consists only of human-readable text, as opposed to machine-readable binary data or formatting markup.
- (cryptography) ciphertext
unencrypted text — see cleartext
data that consists only of human-readable text
- (computing) Consisting only of plain text.