See also: pōpuł
popul m (plural populs)
- (in general sense) people
- a people, tribe, nation, inhabitants of a country, district, town
- a large number of persons held together by some common interest
- folk, people (in general)
- populace, crowd
This noun needs an inflection-table template.
|Old Irish mutation|
pronounced with /b(ʲ)-/
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- C. Marstrander, E. G. Quin et al., editors (1913–76), “popul”, in Dictionary of the Irish Language: Based Mainly on Old and Middle Irish Materials, Dublin: Royal Irish Academy, →ISBN