presidential (comparative more presidential, superlative most presidential)
- Pertaining to a president or presidency. [from 17th c.]
- (obsolete) Presiding or watching over. [17th–19th c.]
- With the bearing or composure that befits a president; stately, dignified. [from 19th c.]
- 2016 November 20, Stewart Lee, The Guardian:
- I feel my age and supposed status mean I am permanently required to be in presidential mode. And I mean this in the old sense of “presidential”, meaning magnanimous, patient and generous, rather than in the modern sense of presidential, meaning being a corrupt, pussy-grabbing racist.
pertaining to a president or presidency