propositive (not comparable)
- making, or concerned with, propositions or suggestions
- (medicine, of a movement) intentional
- (linguistics, Korean language) a specific verb form in the Korean language, also sometimes called the hortative or subjunctive assertive.
- 1950, Sang Soon Yun, Introduction to Spoken Korean, page 250:
- "This auxiliary verb ma-l- occurs only in the imperative, propositive and gerund forms."
- 1997, Young-joo Kim, "The Acquisition of Korean," in The Crosslinguistic Study of Language Acquisition, page 417:
- "Imperative and propositive (ie, 'let us V type) sentences were excluded. "
- 2000, Iksop Lee and Samuel Robert Ramsey, The Korean Language, page 101:
- "First, adjectives are distinguished from verbs in that they do not have imperative or propositive forms."