Combination of the phrases snow bunny (compare bunny hill), Playboy bunny and puck (“an object used in the game of hockey”).
puck bunny (plural puck bunnies)
- (slang, ice hockey) A female ice hockey fan, often one whose interest in the sport is primarily motivated by attraction to the players rather than enjoyment of the game itself. Puck bunnies exhibit similar traits to those of groupies toward musicians.
- 2002, Michael David Lannan, The Empty Net
- Every once in awhile [sic] the stories would make there way around the league about some puck bunny getting pregnant...
- 2002, Michael A Messner, Taking the Field: Women, Men, and Sports
- These young women say they are "'proud as punch' to have sex with the jock," because this will "entitle the puck bunny to 'bragging rights'"...
- 2005, Rachel Gibson, The Trouble with Valentine's Day
- She wasn't a puck bunny. After twenty years in the NHL, he could identify a hockey groupie a mile away.