- IPA(key): /ˌɹeɪ.di.ˈeɪ.ʃən/
Audio (Berkshire) (file)
- (some US dialects) IPA(key): /ɹaɪ.di.ˈaɪ.ʃən/
- (some Ghanaian speakers) IPA(key): /ɹæ.di.ˈeɪ.ʃən/
- The shooting forth of anything from a point or surface, like diverging rays of light.
- heat radiation
- 2016, Donald R. Prothero, The Princeton Field Guide to Prehistoric Mammals (page 136)
- The second [canid group] is the radiation of dogs in South America that began when the first canids arrived about 3 Ma, after crossing the Panama land bridge (Fig. 5.4).
- The process of radiating waves or particles.
- The transfer of energy via radiation (as opposed to convection or conduction).
- Radioactive energy.
Terms derived from radiation
shooting forth of anything from a point or surface
process of radiating waves or particles
transfer of energy via radiation
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
radiation f (plural radiations)
- radiation (all meaning)