See also: récipient
recipient (plural recipients)
- One who receives.
- the recipient of money or goods
- My e-mail never reached the intended recipient.
- (medicine) An individual receiving donor organs or tissues.
- (chemistry) The portion of an alembic or other still in which the distilled liquid is collected.
"Recipient" is often reserved for the act of receiving such things as awards or medals. "receiver" is used for insignificant items.
one who receives
individual receiving donor organs or tissues
the portion of an alembic or other still in which the distilled liquid is collected
recipient (not comparable)
- (Balearic) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈent/
- (Central) IPA(key): /rə.si.piˈen/
- (Valencian) IPA(key): /re.si.piˈent/
recipient m (plural recipients)