reciprocate + -ion
reciprocation (countable and uncountable, plural reciprocations)
- The act of reciprocating; interchange of acts; a mutual giving and returning
the reciprocation of kindness
- Alternate recurrence or action; as, the reciprocation of the sea in the flow and ebb of tides; oscillation.
- 1662 Thomas Salusbury, Galileo's Dialogue Concerning the Two Chief World Systems, Dialogue 2:
- ... the same pendulum alwayes maketh its reciprocations in equall times.
- reciprocation in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- reciprocation in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- “reciprocation” in John A. Simpson and Edward S. C. Weiner, editors, The Oxford English Dictionary, 2nd edition, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1989, ISBN 978-0-19-861186-8.