- Alternative form of
- 1967 April 29, Charles Bukowski, “[Letter to Darrell Kerr]”, in On Writing, Edinburgh: Canongate Books, published 2015, →ISBN:
- [W]hat I am trying to explain to you is that I have rather cracked grains and that a visit from you would not solve anything, especially with a jug of red eye when my stomach is gone.
- 2010 September, M. S. Moulds, “Three Noisy Sydney Insects – the Cicadas”, in Daniel Lunney, Pat Hutchings, and Dieter Hochuli, editors, The Natural History of Sydney, Sydney, N.S.W.: Royal Zoological Society of New South Wales, →ISBN, image caption, page 231:
- The red eye, Psaltoda moerens, is sometimes common around Sydney where its favoured host, Angophora costata, grows. In some years populations can be immense with many thousands inhabiting just a few trees.
- 2014, Andrew T. Raferty; Eric Lim; Andrew J. K. Östör, “Eye Disorders”, in Churchill’s Pocketbook of Differential Diagnosis, 4th edition, Churchill Livingstone, Elsevier, →ISBN, page 126:
- Most eye disorders tend to present as ‘red eye’. It is the single most common ophthalmic complaint encountered by general practitioners.