salomi (plural salomis)
- (South Africa) A snack consisting of a curry-filled roti.
- 1996, Pippa Skotnes, Miscast: negotiating the presence of the Bushmen, page 267:
- […] spices and aromas of "traditional Cape cuisine": smoortjies, bredies and gently spiced salomis […]
- 2011, Ken Albala, Food Cultures of the World Encyclopedia, page 178:
- A favorite Cape fast food is the gatsby, a large hot dog bun filled with cooked or processed meat, French fries, and sauce, or a salomi, curry wrapped in a roti flat bread.