- The condition of having or being of the same sex.
- 1949, The journal of heredity:
- Thus since twins occur in almost one percent of the cases, the probability of same-sexness would be increased from .500 to at most .502, […]
- 2005, Gail Kathleen Hart, Friedrich Schiller:
- Though he dwells mostly on the affairs of men — which would make the same-sexness an obvious result — instances in which women suffer punishment are usually engineered by other women.
- 2009, Goshen College, Mennonite Historical Society, The Mennonite quarterly review:
- Grimsrud consistently argues against a position that would see some "inherent wrongness" with same-sexness rather than with certain forms of same-sex activities.