Audio (AU) (file)
- (slang, African-American Vernacular) A mixed drink including a codeine-laced promethazine cough syrup as an ingredient.
- 2004, The Wire, volume 245-250, page 75:
- "Jukie Skate Rock" doesn't sound anything like a proper roller-rink anthem, more like a sizzurp-addled Rollerball outtake
- 2005 April 1, “'[no headline]'”, in Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
- After all, the pleasures of drinking "sizzurp," or promethazine-codeine mixed drinks, are explored on "Purple Rain […]
- 2007 January 25, “The White Rapper Show: G-Child | Rappers Talk Hip Hop Beef...”, in HipHopDX:
- One thing I'd sum up is that they had me drinking that sizzurp, but I was really sick with bronchitis. I don't want people to think that I was a drug addict.
- 2008 April 14, “Big ego, Lil Wayne on new mixtape”, in The Michigan Daily:
- Videos that were once YouTube fodder of Weezy sitting around the studio, drinking sizzurp and getting baked out of his mind now find their way onto his releases.
- 2010 July 6, “Sippin' On Some Sizzurp: 20 Songs That Are (Probably) On Sippin' On Some Sizzurp: 20 Songs That Are (Probably) On JaMarcus Russell's iPod”, in Vibe:
- In honor of Russell's bust, we decided to dig up 20 codeine-laced tracks that he probably keeps on his iPod's playlist if he's really into sippin' sizzurp.
- 2011 March 16, “Lil Wayne and Charlie Sheen are soul mates”, in Boston Herald:
- Weezy has talked extensively about his use of marijuana as well as Purple Drank/ sizzurp (a drink consisting of codeine, promethazine and other stuff).