- (slang, African American Vernacular) A mixed drink including a codeine-laced promethazine cough syrup as an ingredient.
2004, The Wire, volume 245-250, page 75:
- "Jukie Skate Rock" doesn't sound anything like a proper roller-rink anthem, more like a sizzurp-addled Rollerball outtake
2005 April 1, “[no headline]”, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette:
- After all, the pleasures of drinking "sizzurp," or promethazine-codeine mixed drinks, are explored on "Purple Rain […]
2007 January 25, “The White Rapper Show: G-Child | Rappers Talk Hip Hop Beef...”, HipHopDX:
- One thing I'd sum up is that they had me drinking that sizzurp, but I was really sick with bronchitis. I don't want people to think that I was a drug addict.
2008 April 14, “Big ego, Lil Wayne on new mixtape”, The Michigan Daily:
- Videos that were once YouTube fodder of Weezy sitting around the studio, drinking sizzurp and getting baked out of his mind now find their way onto his releases.
2010 July 6, “Sippin' On Some Sizzurp: 20 Songs That Are (Probably) On Sippin' On Some Sizzurp: 20 Songs That Are (Probably) On JaMarcus Russell's iPod”, Vibe:
- In honor of Russell's bust, we decided to dig up 20 codeine-laced tracks that he probably keeps on his iPod's playlist if he's really into sippin' sizzurp.
2011 March 16, “Lil Wayne and Charlie Sheen are soul mates”, Boston Herald:
- Weezy has talked extensively about his use of marijuana as well as Purple Drank/ sizzurp (a drink consisting of codeine, promethazine and other stuff).