- Rhymes: -ɔːlz
smalls (plural only)
- (UK, Australia, informal) Underwear.
- He's in the garden hanging his smalls on the washing line.
- The smalls he was wearing were tight.
- 1917, Henry Handel Richardson, Australia Felix, 2007, Echo Library, page 31,
- Unkempt, bearded to the eyes, there he stood clutching his shapeless old cabbage-tree, in mud-stained jumper and threadbare smalls—the very spit of the unsuccessful digger.
- 2008, Donna Wheeler, Melbourne & Victoria City Guide, Lonely Planet, page 198,
- […] there are also some great B&Bs and guesthouses where you can unpack a toothbrush and fresh set of smalls for the morning.
- 2008, Shauna Reid, The Amazing Adventures of Dietgirl, page 7,
- They billowed in the sticky summer breeze, curved and enormous like the sails of the Sydney Opera House.
- Just when did my smalls become so impossibly large?
- plural of