- Alternative form of
- sister (female with same parents)
- Eg fekk ei syster då eg var tre.
- I got a sister when I was three.
- sister (a female member of a religious community)
- a female nurse
Historical inflection of syster
Forms in italics are currently considered non-standard. Forms in [brackets] were official, but considered second-tier. Forms in (parentheses) were allowed under Midlandsnormalen.
- “syster” in The Nynorsk Dictionary.
- a sister (woman or girl having the same parents)
- a nurse (in particular as address)
- a nun; a female member of a religious community
|Declension of syster|
- syrra (colloquial)