- genitive singular masculine form of tīrs
- nominative singular feminine form of tīrs
- 3rd person singular present indicative form of tīrīt
- 3rd person plural present indicative form of tīrīt
- (with the particle lai) 3rd person singular imperative form of tīrīt
- (with the particle lai) 3rd person plural imperative form of tīrīt
- shore, riverbank
- Te raṭṭhasmā pabbājitā himavantapasse pokkharaṇiyā tīre mahāsākasaṇḍo, tattha vāsaṃ kappesuṃ.
- And being thus banished they took up their dwelling on the slopes of the Himālaya, on the borders of a lake where a mighty oak tree grew.