See also: tail-end
- The hindmost part of anything (a person, animal, or object), the butt, buttocks; hindquarters, rump.
- (figuratively) The last part of a period of time, event, or situation; the concluding or final part.
- At the tail end of summer. The tail end of a lecture. The tail end of a conversation.
- 2016 December 20, Katie Rife, “Passengers strains the considerable charms of Chris Pratt and Jennifer Lawrence”, in The Onion AV Club:
- An equipment malfunction has woken him up 90 years early, and he’s now doomed to live out the rest of his life surrounded by sushi bars and infinity pools, but not a single human companion.(The other 5,000 passengers on board will wake up at the tail end of the ship’s 120-year voyage to Earth colony Homestead-II.)