hindquarter (plural hindquarters)
- Either rear half of a side of beef, mutton, veal, lamb or by extension from another edible mammal.
- (in the plural) The hind biped (leg) of a quadruped, or all body parts situated behind the hind legs' trunk-attachment.
- (metonymically, derogatory, usually in the plural) Human behind, butt.
rear half of a side of an animal
hind leg of a quadruped
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
- Webster's Seventh New Collegiate Dictionary, Springfield, Massachusetts, G.&C. Merriam Co., 1967