- Rhymes: -ɔːkə(ɹ)
talker (plural talkers)
- A person who talks, especially one who gives a speech, or is loquacious or garrulous.
- What this country needs is a smooth talker.
- That guy's a real talker.
- Any creature or machine that talks.
- Some parrots are vociferous talkers.
- (informal, media) A talk show; a talk-show host; an all-talk radio station.
- (informal, media) A popular topic of conversation.
- The royal engagement is likely to be a top talker right through the wedding.
- (informal, politics) A talking point.
- (Internet) A stripped-down version of a MUD which is designed for talking, that predates instant messengers; a kind of early chat room.