- Constructed from turf.
- Covered or adorned with turf or grass.
- 1625, Francis Bacon, “Of Gardens”, in Royal Collection Trust:
- For aviaries, I like them not, except they be of that largeness as they may be turfed, and have living plants and bushes set in them; that the birds may have more scope, and natural nestling, and that no foulness appear in the floor of the aviary.
- 1988, Committee on Interior and Insular Affairs, House of Representatives, Preservation of petroglyphs in Albuquerque, New Mexico, page 225:
- 3. The course should use a minimal amount of fairway area, rather than being completely turfed from tee box to green.
- simple past tense and past participle of