See also: unheard of
- Previously unknown; unprecedented.
- 1912 January, Zane Grey, chapter 9, in Riders of the Purple Sage: A Novel, New York, N.Y.; London: Harper & Brothers Publishers, OCLC 6868219:
- Starvation in the uplands was not an unheard-of thing […]
- 2004, Peter Bondanella, Hollywood Italians: Dagos, Palookas, Romeos, Wise Guys, and Sopranos, chapter 4, 175:
- Prohibition produced the immense and previously unheard-of wealth that launched truly organized crime in America.
- Unknown or known to only few people.
previously unknown; unprecedented