unscripted (comparative more unscripted, superlative most unscripted)
- Not scripted; without a script.
- 2009 Aug. 6, Bill Carter, "‘Millionaire,’ Far From Its Final Answer," New York Times (retrieved 30 May 2014):
- A decade after introducing the idea that unscripted shows could transform prime time, “Who Wants to Be a Millionaire” returns to ABC Sunday.
- (by extension) Unplanned, unexpected, spontaneous.
- 1998 June 25, Tony Karon, "China Swoops Down on Dissidents," Time (retrieved 30 May 2014):
- Hoping to avoid any unscripted episodes during President Clinton's visit to the ancient city of Xian today, Chinese authorities yesterday detained two of the city's leading dissidents.