- simple past tense and past participle of use up
used up (comparative more used up, superlative most used up)
- Worn out; depleted; exhausted; having nothing left; useless, due to the expenditure of all resources.
- That used up old man is no good in a fight.
- 2001. The Garland Encyclopedia of World Music: North America. Garland Publishing. Ellen Koskoff (Ed.). Pg. 304.
- 1840, A chant opposing then-presidential candidate Martin Van Buren: "And with them we'll beat Van, Van, Van/Van is a used up man".