- (of a resource) to consume, deplete or exhaust
- 1900, L. Frank Baum, chapter 23, in The Wonderful Wizard of Oz:
- "My third command to the Winged Monkeys," said Glinda, "shall be to carry you to your forest. Then, having used up the powers of the Golden Cap, I shall give it to the King of the Monkeys, that he and his band may thereafter be free for evermore."
- (of time or space) to take or occupy
exhaust — see exhaust
to take or occupy
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.