- plural of
willies pl (plural only)
- (colloquial, with "the") A feeling of nervousness or fear.
- Staying in the haunted house gave me the willies.
- 1974, Joseph Heller, Something happened, page 3:
- I get the willies when I see closed doors. Even at work, where I am doing so well now, the sight of a closed door is sometimes enough to make me dread that something horrible is happening behind it, something that is going to affect me adversely.
- “willies” in Douglas Harper, Online Etymology Dictionary, 2001–2020.