See also: weaved
- simple past tense of weave
- She wove a beautiful basket out of reeds.
- (now colloquial, nonstandard) past participle of weave
- 1701, Francis Leguat, A new voyage to the Eaſt-Indies by Francis Leguat and his companions […] , page 61:
- One might have wove Stuffs with it, had it been prepar'd.
- 1823, Walter Scott, The Bride of Lammermoor, page 187:
- […] and the pearls which they have wove among her black tresses, were whiter than the frozen hail drops.
wove (not comparable)
- (archaic) singular past subjunctive of wuiven