From λέγω (légō, “I say”).
- That which is said: word, sentence, speech, story, debate, utterance.
- That which is thought: reason, consideration, computation, reckoning.
- An account, explanation, or narrative.
- Subject matter.
- (Christianity) The word or wisdom of God, identified with Jesus in the New Testament.
- λόγος in A Greek–English Lexicon by Liddell & Scott, Clarendon Press, Oxford, 1940
- Bauer lexicon
- Strong’s concordance number: G3056
From Ancient Greek.
- word (unit of language)
- word (word of honour)
- speech, language
- speech, oration
- (mathematics) ratio
- reason, causation