Last modified on 23 January 2013, at 17:38
↑Jump back a section
|Kanji in this term|
From Middle Chinese 切磋琢磨.
切磋琢磨 (hiragana せっさたくま, romaji sessatakuma)
- applying oneself and studying hard to cultivate oneself
- Friendly competition, improving oneself by learning from others.
- apply oneself and study hard to improve oneself
- Try to improve by learning from others, apply oneself to closely to someone.
- The Kōjien (広辞苑) Dictionary of the Japanese Language, 5th edition, Iwanami Shoten Publishing, Tokyo.