塩 (radical 32 土+10, 13 strokes, cangjie input 土人口廿 (GORT))
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 236, character 34
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5382
- Dae Jaweon: page 474, character 27
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 472, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5869
/siho/: [shipo] > [shiɸo] > [shiwo] > [shio].
- salty white substance; salt
- (Chemical) substance that is mostly made in neutralization, such as sodium chloride
- hydrogen ion of acid is replaced by metal ion or metallic ion
- ごま塩 (ごましお, goma shio, “sesame and salt”)
- 結晶 (けっしょう, kesshō, “crystal”)
- as in 塩の結晶 (しおのけっしょう, shio no kesshō, “salt crystal”).